Part-time (up to 30 hours per week)
Reports to the Quality Control and Data Director
WHO WE ARE
The New PA Project Education Fund (NPPEF) is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Pennsylvania’s underrepresented and underserved communities of color, immigrant communities, and the youth by providing civic education and year round engagement to ensure full participation in the democratic process.
The New PA Project Education Fund believes in empowering everyday Pennsylvanians by providing the resources and tools necessary for participatory civic engagement. In order to build power in communities, it is vital that we help give a voice to the underserved and underrepresented. Through town halls, community events, and voter registration efforts, we will help our communities have their voices heard.
POSITION – Quality Control Associate
This position will work within the quality control and data team, assisting a large-scale canvassing program. The quality control associate will support the organization’s voter registration and GOTV programs across the commonwealth. The Quality Control Associate will report to the organization’s Quality Control and Data Director to implement best practices for voter registration data collection, quality control processes, and call applicants to review their registration experiences. This position may also include assisting the Director of Quality Control and Data to ensure the integrity of our voter registration efforts through resolving flags raised by forensic analysis tools. The Quality Control Associate will also be responsible for communicating the results of the quality control analyses to Regional Organizing Directors as necessary.
Because our target communities and colleagues come from a wide range of backgrounds, this position needs to be able to thoughtfully navigate issues related to diversity, race, equity and inclusion, and bring a deep commitment to advancing these values. Additionally, we are an organization that values impacted communities’ lived experiences and we hire individuals who are previously incarcerated, in recovery, and dealing with mental health challenges.
- Work with regional organizing directors to communicate flags and provide remedial training recommendations
- Audit voter registration forms for completion and ensure completed forms result in registration by county board of elections
- Audit voter registration collection and reporting for irregularities
- Work with other staff to expand internal database of registered voters
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Access to a portable computer and internet access
- Reliable access to consistent and timely personal transportation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong sense of urgency while remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot for effective resolution
- Having a passion for community organizing and movement building
- Full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus
- Experience working
- Experience using Votebuilder (VAN)
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights and weekends
- Proficiency in MS Office with intermediate knowledge of Excel (formulas, functions, and pivot tables are a plus).
- Experience working in Black and Indigenous communities and other Communities of Color
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/ or abilities. To perform this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
- Hourly rate of $18.25 per hour
- Travel reimbursement for travel outside assigned region
No calls. Please email your resume to email@example.com and let us know in the subject line which position you are applying for.